How to Refer
Home Start Sutton takes referrals from professionals including social workers,health visitors, childrens centres and hospitals. We are also happy to accept self-referrals, contact us here to get support. Our referral policy can be accessed here.
How to refer a family for a home-visiting volunteer, family group place, parenting programme or perinatal peer support
- Discuss Home-Start with the family – they MUST agree to receive Home-Start support
- Establish that the family has at least one child under five and lives in the London Borough of Sutton
- Children fall below the level of need for statutory involvement
- Contact us and speak to the Co-ordinator
- Complete a referral form, which indicates the family’s needs
- Our referral policy can be accessed here.
- Our Privacy statement can be accessed here.
- Our GDPR compliance statement can be accessed here.
How to refer a family to the Domestic Violence Nurturing programme.
- Families must live in the London Borough of Sutton, have a child under 5, be affected by domestic abuse/domestic violence and be in contact with children's social care - i.e. child in need or child protection plan, have support from a locality team or children's centre. Information here about the intervention.
- Dicuss with the family, who must be able to participate in the 11 week programme.
- Contact Bev Daines at the office to discuss.
- Complete a referral form
How to refer a family under the Framework for Children with Disabilities
- Referrals for children under 11 years via the child's keyworker/social worker.
- If there is no allocated keyworker/social worker please contact Access Point on 020 8770 4690 for advice/information.
- Final decisions are made by the Short Breaks Panel.
- More information about the Framework for Children with Disabilities via the London Borough of Sutton website www.sutton.gov.uk
- Infomation about support services for children with disabilities via the Local Offer link on the Parents and Chidlren page of the LB Sutton website.
- Contact us and speak to the Co-ordinator if you have any questions